Creatorious Rex and Skot Leach lead off with the February OpenSea data deep dive and reveal not just the average price per NFT in February but also the big difference between the first half and second half of the month. February was a blockbuster but only the first half.
Ukraine, The Sandbox Alpha 2, and More
The hosts also discuss how independent communities are using NFTs to raise money for Ukraine and how the government is doing the same thing to fund the Ukrainian army. There is even be a short discussion about how this movement could be a threat to web2 platforms such as Go Fund Me. There is also an extensive breakdown of several brands invading NFT lands and a discussion around The Sandbox’s Alpha 2 season launch.
More Brands in NFT Lands
The Brands in NFT Lands segment we have Michael Jordan, Leon Bridges, Wrangler, CVS, Wing Stop, and Southwestern University. It seems that every brand is either taking steps to engage with NFTs and/or the metaverse or they are filing for IP and trademark protection so they can do it later.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:45 Feb 2022 Numbers for Ethereum on Open Sea
- 8:53 Peak Monthly NFT Numbers Compared
- 14:53 Avg USD Spent Per Wallet August 2021 Vs Jan 2022
- 1:51 February Declines January Numbers
- 7:17 Open Sea Monthly NFTs Sold Above 2M
- 11:20 Average Dollar Price / NFT
- 18:58 Google Trends Data NFTs vs Metaverse
- 24:50 Pussy Riot NFT Raises $6.7M / UkraineDAO
- 36:38 Wrangler Ropes in an NFT Project
- 43:21 Champion and Tafi
- 46:26 Michael Jordan, HEIR on Solana
- 48:20 CVS, Wingstop, and Southwestern U. File Trademarks
- 57:08:Sandbox +2M Users